Tuesday, May 18, 2010

English Project


Usually when I get projects that I can do on my own that don't involve presentations I'm all for it. But this Macbeth project is sooo creepy. First of all, it's a project on this huge piece of paper which, Jen has simplified for me - four pieces of computer paper kind of huge - and I have to (on one side) to a Character Concepts Chart. Meaning every character in Macbeth (I HATE Macbeth.) including the mini-mini ones like the messenger that tells Lady Macbeth that Macbeth is coming. So each major character gets 4-5 points, 4-5 quotes to support the points, arrows saying who is related to who and who did what to who, AND a drawing of what they look like. All the mini-but-not-so-mini characters get 3-4 points, 3-4 quotes, arrows, and a drawing. And each mini character gets 1-2 points, 1-2 quotes, and a drawing. Also on that side we need symbols, 2-3 points, 2-3 quotes, and a drawing. Motifs, 2-3 points, 2-3 quotes and a drawing. And the last thing for that side is 3-4 points, 3-4 quotes and a drawing for each theme in that play. (This is only on ONE side!) Now we come to the other side, which is in the form of Freytag's Pyramid. For each section (Inciting Moment, Exposition, etc.) We need what we think a part of the play fits that description (e.g. I think the climax is Banquo's death) 5-6 points, 5-6 quotes, and a drawing. So what that would look like is it would say:

Climax - Banquo's Death (Drawing of Banquo dying.)
-Something about Macbeth being jealous.
-Something about Banquo being cooler than Macbeth
-Something Old
-Something New
-Something Borrowed
-Something Blue
-Quote
-Quote
-Quote
-Quote
-Quote
-Quote

Really?

Now - creepy part. My dad has done Macbeth and he was trying to help out, and was like "didn't Macbeth say something about Duncan being a good king?"
and I was like "Yeah, he says 'Duncan has borne his faculties so meek' and it's on page 24 line 17'" Creepy enough? It really WAS on page 24 line 17! And I quoted that exactly! I think I should get full marks on my project - just for that!

4 comments:

  1. EWWWW I hate Macbeth too...and english. That just sounds TERRIBLE. I Feel your pain. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macbeth...well, I even had to do it as well in high school and then again at University. I too feel your pain. Good layout and design of your blog and I look forward to following your blog posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sooo happy that the project is over and done with!

    ReplyDelete